Normal healthy poops? (photo included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentleysmomma

Hello :)
As a new beardie mommy I freak out at the sign of anything new and immediately think something is wrong. Bentley poops normal everyday, twice a day. He has all the right lighting, and temps are correct. I feed him small crickets and greens that I dust with calcium powder and super veggie. They're pretty normal poops from what I can see (wet but well formed, he's well hydrated), but the other day he had a poop that looked as if it was covered in a filmy mold looking layer of something. I decided I would just keep an eye on him because it obviously wasn't diarrhea. I has been a few days and he has done it again! However, he already pooped twice today and he produced a third poop after bathtime and this is what it looked like:
photo.jpg

It's very similar to the poop from the other day except this one is more fresh because I found the other one after being gone for a few hours. What do you guys think? Should we make a little trip to the doctor?
Thanks so much :)

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Not entirely sure, but I would consider taking a sample in to the vet to get just a simple fecal test done. A lot of times they don't need to see the dragon initially (if they find something wrong then they will want to) and just the test shouldn't be too much. My vet charges like $25. I don't think it's supposed to be covered in a mucousy-ness like that, so you might wanna get it checked to make sure there isn't any bad bacteria type stuffs going on...
But like I said, I'm not entirely sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom