Norbert the Library Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see lots of people here have threads they update with new pictures and such so bandwagon here I come! Norbert is a petsmart baby, I've had him since March 6th. I 'think' he was only a week or two old when I got him so he's really small. I also 'think' but am pretty sure at this point that he's going to start his first shed. When he holds his tail just right I can see some skin starting to flake off! The past few days he hasn't wanted to be touched either. He usually doesn't mind but right now he jumps if I even come close to him.

He's only about 4.5-5 inches long right now but I'm hoping he starts growing soon. I haven't weighed him, don't have a scale :( but he looks like he's gaining weight. He's healthy just small.

Here are some pictures. This is today just hanging out.
IMG_20130417_115925_zps77b494c7.jpg

My first picture of him (I spilled crickets! don't worry I got them all out.)

LibraryDragon_zps52e35e9c.jpg

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got a good one of his back shed today :) He's starting to feel better though not running away from my hand or opening his mouth at me when I try to catch him. He's also eating like a horse! I'm pretty sure he's going through a growth spurt. Here are the pictures!

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Measured Norbert again today during his bath, he's up to 6 inches!! I'm so glad he's growing. Now I have another issue. He's become very skittish and runs every time I try to catch him. Bath time is horrible. I feel really bad that he's running away from me. I know the trick about putting a piece of clothing in his tank and I haven't tried that yet. I'm going to as soon as I remember to bring something with me. I know part of the problem is that there are so many people peeking in at him that he's agitated a lot. I shouldn't force him to interact with me by chasing him I know. He even runs from my hand when I put it in the tank sometimes. I can pet him sometimes but even then it's iffy. Should I just make sure I keep petting him as much as I can without chasing him around? Any other ideas? He jumped off my shoulder again today after his bath :(

brittani299

Extreme Poster
All of the different people could be freaking him out. When he gets over stimulated it could be freaking him out. I would keep a blacker by him so you can throw it over the tank. Try the clothing in the tank. It helped with my male.

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wouldn't I have to turn his lights off if I covered his tank? Wouldn't that mess with his sleep cycle? The kids love seeing him. Maybe if I just cover it during the really busy times or something...

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, he has two things he can hide in. His tree has a cave in it, and his log is concave and he can hide there. Maybe I need to get a different one? I'll take a picture of his set up and post it tonight.

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So barely 3 weeks later Norbert is in a full body shed again! He seems to be going faster this time though and is almost finished w/I a couple days. I got him a new hide today and he hasn't been inside it yet but he likes the top. He's been on it a couple of times checking it out. I'm going to give him a few days then get rid of his log. He seems to like to jump from one to another so I might try to incorporate them both in there somehow but the log needs a good scrubbing. I'll post a new picture once I get him set up good. I measured him again yesterday and he's up to 6.5 inches! That's not including his tail nip :) He's finally reaching that .5 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom