Noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetergrrrl

Hullo Everyone!

I don't have my beardie yet but i will next week and I'm just toooo excited!! :p

I'm a freshie in college and you are only allowed to have 15 and under gallon aquariums in your dorm room (which i have to be in few a few months before i can get my own appartment) and i have 8 sugar gliders that had to stay back home. So i managed to find a loophole in the system!! Instead of having fish in the aquarium I'm going to have a Beardie!! The people at on campus housing were baffled, no one has asked to have one before! So maybe i'll start a new trend?! I'll be sure to post pics of my new baby when he finally arrives!

NintendoVixen79

Gray-bearded Member
15 gallon is too small though :-/
20 gallon is the minimum reccommended for hatchlings, then you need to upgrade soon to something like a 75 gallon!

glowgirl

welcomefish.gif

:p Hi there honey ... Welcome to the forum :wink:

If I can be of any help ... Please don't hesitate to give me a shout :wink:

Big Hug's ...... Glowgirl xxx

tigerlily

Hatchling Member
How many months before you can get a larger enclosure for him? When I bought my beardie, I was planning on getting a 40 or 55 gallon aquarium for him w/i four months. You might want to think about how quickly he'll grow and check around to see if you can get a long 15 gallon aquarium so he'll have more room to scamper about.

Of course, if they're anything like the dorm staff where I went to college, they're not likely to know the difference in size between a 15 or 20 gallon aquarium. Hopefully they won't pull out the tape measure when you move in!

sweetergrrrl

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

I know a 15 gallon is to small but it is only for a few months and I plan on having him with me often once he gts used to me ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom