nontoxic sealants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I made some fake rock items for Toki's new cage and noticed that allot of people use mod podge to seal their projects. I need something that is going to be more water resistant as Toki is a tegu and needs humidity in his cage, so the typical dry rules with beardies do not apply. Has anyone on here made rocks for their other lizards and know of any nontoxic sealers that will work for me? I have been looking online and so far the only nontoxic item I have found at home depot or lowes is the Zinsser bulls eye shellac which says that it is all natural and non toxic, but it doesn't say if it is water resistant.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I use Zinsser bullseye shellac and acording to the manufacturer, it's non toxic and hypoallergenic when cured. I got mine a Lowes, one quart is about $9.00. at least 3 coats for my beardies habitat. and It Holds up nice to being washed But will turn white if under water for a long period of time. To overcome that, I smoothed 2 coats of silicone over the parts that would have standing water like the water bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom