Non-Tocix Sealant for Fake Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all...

I am in the process of building some fake rocks for the viv. I have searched all over and browsed the many posts about fake rocks and what to use. The big question I keep seeing is where can I find some non-toxic sealer for the rocks? Well, after some searching I found this company that sells a soy based non-toxic grout sealer, links attached below. I am going to order 2 qts of the grout sealer today so that I have plenty of sealant for the background rocks plus his basking rocks/bridges. The shipping is about $10, but I don't mind because I feel safer getting this stuff than using other things available locally. I think this would be much better than using Mod Podge since it's mainly a glue that stays sticky for awhile. Anyways, I will let you all know how it goes. I'll post pics when done.

Question for the moderators...can you all sticky a post or start a sticky post in the Enclosures and DIY about products that are safe for our BDs instead of people having to search through all the posts for an answer?

http://www.ecosafetyproducts.com/Acri-Soy-Grout-Sealer-p/a1-3003-32.htm

http://www.ecosafetyproducts.com/Acri-Soy-Masonry-Stone-Tile-Sealer-p/a1-3002-1.htm

sithcdw

Alright, there is alot of controversy over toxic sealant. But the truth is, the dragon will only be poisoned If he swallows it, and that can only be done when it is in it's liquid form. But of course it dries. I am positive that you're Dagon will be fine. However, many people will probably argue that when the sealant heats up it will release toxic fumes, if it gets hot enough to begin to liquify and release fumes then it is hot enough to kill your dragon. But if you're not satisfied with this explantion you can run down to a hardwood store or even a walmart and buy a non-toxic acryllic sealer or mod podge, you will most likely find these at the craft section in walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom