Non-porous surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenRae

I found out that my beardie has gotten a fungal infection on his beard, and I'm suppose to replace his porous surfaces (i.e. logs, wood, rocks...) but I haven't got a clue what to put in for him to climb on and the vet's office didn't give me any ideas. If you could help that would be amazing!

Thanks!

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
What if you were to sanitize (bake) and seal his logs and what not? I would think a couple coats of Minwax Polycrylic would do the trick. I could be wrong, just tossing it out there.

Eric

EllenRae

Original Poster
I took him to the vet and grew a culture off of what they got off his beard. A spot of it has turned black and white, instead of it's regular orange color.
The vet told me I'm suppose to "take out all porous surfaces, like wood logs and clean everything with a 10% bleach and water solution" until it's cleared up, but I don't know what to put in for him to climb on to bask. Granted, I'm kinda pissed at the vet, because they said they would get back to me in 2 weeks and it took 6 1/2 and I had to call them, but I'm just trying to follow what they told me.
What temp do you bake logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom