Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenron

Shenron has just recently started making this noise. When he makes the noise he kind of puffs up he beard/under mouth area.It kinda sounds like at very very quiet hiccup or something. Its hard to explain the noise though. We are just wondering if this is normal?
Thanks for any help!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hey... sorry about your dobie. Hope he's alright.
When BDs beard up some of them make a little whoosh noise- just the air going in and out. Is he doing it a bit after he eats while he's basking? There may be food bits that haven't went all the way down yet so he may be puffing and swallowing to digest. Sounds kind of like a very low huumm? That's the only thing I can think of. If it's happening often and at no particular time it could be a sign of illness...sure hope not.

Shenron

Original Poster
I'm hoping everything is okay too. Thanks.. he does it randomly throughout the day. I have noticed that he does puff his beard up while he is doing it. All of his temps are good, and so is his humidity. He is eating and pooping fine, and acting normal in all other aspects. Its like a quiet hiccup/ kind of clicking noise. :?: :? :(

dragons1222

Juvie Member
i have heard popping/clicking noises are a sighn or respiritory infection

if you put him near your ear can you hear it without him puffing up?

i know stanley makes a whooshing nose when he gets grumpy and hisses at me lol

(he is not a morning beardie lol and apreciates his beauty rest lol)

Shenron

Original Poster
No i cant hear it when i put him up to my ear and he isn't puffing up. i guess it is kinda a woosh noise. I might just be paranoid. lol

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Turbo does (what I think is the same thing you are describing) almost everytime he takes a bath. And it is only once he starts getting frustrated and wants to get out. His beard starts to go black, and he isn't bearding, but he starts moving his beard, more, like hes gulping, like hes getting frustrated or something.

Shenron

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm just somewhat worried lol. I noticed it maybe 4 days ago or so. He does it randomly throughout the day, but I notice he does it the most at night right when I turn the lights off. I pretty much had his head inside of my ear trying to listen for anything odd to his breathing, but heard nothing. Even had my girlfriend use her stethoscope to listen to him, and still nothing (lol it was kind of ridiculous to watch). He still persists with making his sneeze/whoosh noise sometimes. I'm just going to keep an eye on him, and if he exhibits any other symptoms, like the mucus from the nostrils or any other weird behavior I'll end up taking him to the vet. Thanks for the help again!

athenacp

Extreme Poster
When DIgger wants to cuddle, he'll get on one of our chests near our ear and then he'll start to "pip", it's the best way I can describe it, he's been doing it for 5 years now, so I take it as a sign of contentment :D

dragons1222

Juvie Member
my blue tongue skink makes noise when i have him out

it is almost like a sniffing noise like a dog smelling something

it freaks my mom out lol

she is like "what is he doing? is he going to bite me?" lol

i think he is probably just breathing just keep an eye on him

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
I notice a similar sound in my beardie. I hear it almost every time he is "puffing up." He does it when I give him a bath and he is sucking in air to "balloon up" and float. I hear it when he lets the air back out. He does the same thing when I first get up in the morning or home from work in the afternoon. Both of these times, he tends to puff up and show what a big boy he can be. It specifically happens whenever he is sucking air in or releasing it. It doesn't happen with his normal breathing though.

Shenron

Original Poster
Ok, well he has hardly been making his cough whoosh noise as much, but when my girlfriend was holding him and he did it, she thought she saw spit in his mouth. Is this a sign of a respiratory infection? He does it infrequently, but mostly more so towards night-time.

dragons1222

Juvie Member
spit is ok unless it is excessive

like if he is drooling
also a discharge from the nose is a sighn of respiritory infection

Shenron

Original Poster
Whew, alright. No drool or nose goo. I wish he would just quit it so I can stop being OCD about it. lol.

Thanks again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom