No poop for either of them :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved my bearded dragons into a new environment, but neither of them have pooped at all for the 5 days they have been there!

Ive rubbed both of their bellies and in the larger one I can feel a large hard lump at the bottom of their belly... but he is still eating fine, his crickets and collared greens.. the other little one isnt eating that much but has no lump in her belly.. just wont poop.

I have no idea whats wrong, and if it IS impactation, what am i supposed to do?! help!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, sorry to hear your babies are under the weather. Firstly it would be usefull to know what the new enclosure is like, what substrate are you using, are they housed together, how old are they etc. It would give a good indication of what may be wrong.

Until then, i would say give muliple baths a day, warm baths can do the world of good! Luke warm water up to their arm pits, and let them soak for about 20 min, sometimes when they are dehydrated they will hold off on the poops.

Also are they still eating?

Tigg

Juvie Member
What are the temps like in their cage? If not high enough they can have trouble digesting their food.

What substrate are you using for them?

You can try getting them to drink just a drop or two of olive oil, or sugar free apple sauce, or try dipping an insect in either of these if they are still eating. These will act as a laxative and should help get things moving again, But you might want to hold off on the solid foods until you know everything is ok, turkey or chicken baby food will substitute nicely.

Also as mentioned already, daily baths, for 20 min each. You should continue these for a few days even after they are able to deficate again, then you can cut them back to one bath every second or third day if you wish.

This should help work things out. If it continues, or they become lethargic or anerexic you are going to want to get them to a vet ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom