No More Crickets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When, oh when can I substitute the crickets with some other sort of feeder, because these god forsaken creatures are going to make me punch some holes in some walls, or yell out some cuss words I haven't heard before! My mom got 50 crix today, we were running low so it's just until we can get more than that, and majority have wings.......... so that means there are about.. well 40 now chirping little god forsaken creatures.

My little girl is still a juvenile, and I'm wondering when I can scratch the crickets, and what I can replace with.. oh and I CAN NOT.. can NOT do the roaches.. see I don't really like bugs.. at all... they disgust me, and crickets sure fine I"ll touch if needed, a roach I couldn't even LOOK at.. bleh bleh bleh!!

Anyway, sorry a bout that ramble, to recap, my questions are!!! When can I ditch the crickets? And what are my options for replacements?

--Littlewing

Mpike926

Check out reptiworms.com They are basically the same thing as phoenix worms except way cheaper. They can also replace crickets and be used as a staple

Mpike926

Mealworms are ok but are generally not supported as a staple by people on this site. The chitin is hard and can cause impaction for your beardie. also superworms are a tad bit fatty so they are considered more for a treat then a staple. Your best bet is crickets, which you dont like, phoenix worms or the repti/calci worms. The link to the site provided above is for calciworms, I havent heard much about them but they seem to be great. also the price is very good.
On reptiworms.com you can get 300ct for 11.99 + 2.99 shipping. That should last you 3-4 weeks depending on the size of your dragon
Hope this helps
Matt

Yeah, like Mike mentioned above, repti worms, calcium worms, and phoenix worms are all the same worms, just different "brands". They are all black soldier fly larve.

littlewing

Original Poster
Thank you everybody for replying!! =D It's all totally helpful, I'm trying not to pull my hair out with these noisy crickets (small one floor house.. no matter where you go you can hear their awful song! :p) I'm going to see what I have available around me, i'm not sure if my parents will allow me to use their credit card to order the buggiez online, so it's all up to them, so tomorrow when im in town ill be picking up more crickets and ill ask about what else they have for bugs! :)

lets hope this batch doesn't have noisly little buggers ! or ill be bashing my head off various walls in the house! :banghead: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom