NO MORE CRICKETS! EVER! What to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking to start a colony for my beardies since I have 3 now. A few weeks ago we had about 100 crickets get loose... well guess what... They bite. Im soooooo done with crickets at this point. Whats the best feeder I can use and how do I make the perfect set up for them to flourish in? I have a 5wk F, a 4mo M, and a 4yo M. Until then I am using crickets.... I feel like in out in the woods at all times lol. Also I live in Canada and dubia roaches are not legal here.

TIA!!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Well since you're in Canada, Dubia are out.

I think that some of the other feeder roaches are allowed (Discoid, Lobster, etc),
although I am not at all certain of that -- check your local laws first!

Other than that, you can use Phoenix Worms/Calci-Worms/Repti-Worms as a
staple feeder. Along with wax worms, horn worms, butter worms, etc as treat/variety-level feeders.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I was thinking of going with phoenix worms. I have to get them through bugorder.com I believe. I would havebto let them develop into flies in order to breed them right?

DwayneH

KangAndKodos":34ywoe8m said:
I was thinking of going with phoenix worms. I have to get them through bugorder.com I believe. I would havebto let them develop into flies in order to breed them right?

if they're local - all you need is a compost pile that has some fruit/veggies in it.

hiTimothy

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=197902

I made a list of popular feeder worms for beardies including their nutritional info. You can check them out and decide which would be best for your beardie. There are also links and information on how to care for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom