No Hiss but Rocky Flared Up

This is the second time!! Rocky and I just had a fight. He won.
Well, let's back track. Rocky has been such a good boy lately. Rocky went out last night- on my shirt, his bag was in the car. He was fine.
People stared but no conversations as we were on a mission. Mission accomplished!
Today, Rocky was running around- zoomies. He ran over me as I laid on the bed. He was jumping from one window to another but then when I walked out of the room, he followed me like a puppy. When I hit the stairs, I said, "NO"- he still tried to come. I reached down a little too swiftly and open went his mouth.
I wont lie, I was scared! But it wasn't Black. It's when I stepped back and yelled NO NO NO he looked at me, put the beard away (ha ha) and turned black. It was like, "Wait a second, I AM THE BOSS"- I watch his entire body darken.

I still stood but put on my soft voice and said, "Rocky- I love you"- when I tell you that he is a sucker, he turned orange instantly. So here I am say, "I'm sorry Rocky." He turns his head- and his body turns orange aka to MUSH!
I say, "Let's go" and we head to the window."
By the way, my big boy handles the screen well.

Okay- judge me. I am totally ridiculous!
Oh wait, I then give him 5 minutes then say, "Hug?!" He gave me a hug.
We are besties again!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He couldn't be the audacity to tell him he couldn't play on the stairs lol. Sounds likeche forgave ya 😄

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
All is well. We have been closer ever since...if that is possible. Rocky should be sleeping but he is helping me type this message.
I think sometimes I need a reminder that this is a REAL REPTILE. I mean I know it but I obviously don't KNOW it.
Because Rocky wasn't black when he puffed up, I know he is aware that he runs this house.
I should've stopped him when he used me as his personal playground. :ROFLMAO:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
S if you are curious about how it ended, keep reading....and see the picture.
20230513_193732.jpg If you notice...I have put an old school BLIND to block the sun on "Rocky's window" because when it's bedtime, it's bedtime. If you look through the perforation, you will see that it was still light outside. Not only did Rocky stay up until about 8pm (3 hours past his bedtime, it's okay- he doesn't have to work today)- I then laid down, which always works...he will lay down.

I heard the infamous scratching...Rocky was like, "I will lay RIGHT HERE." As of this very moment, Rocky is in the same position. Rocky is awake looking at me but making sure I still know who runs things. Or he is simply exhausted from that flare up! LOL

But guess who kept their TV on....me! When I 'asked' Rocky last night, he totally said, "No"- he closed his one eye every time I asked. I didn't care, he wasn't sleep anyways. I laughed, I found him responding no each time hilarious. Rocky HATES when I laugh at him. Don't worry, that doesn't cause a flare up- just a stink eye and leaning closer in the window like, "I WILL NEVER GO TO BED NOW, WATCH!!"

Oh Rocky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I bet that blind was warm like an electric blanket 😀. He probably thought that was great.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
So Rocky bangs and glass surfs and raises h3ll to get his way and get out. I'll trade with ya for a few days. This is what Ruby does to us when we aren't quick enough getting her out. Can you say guilt trip?

Attachments

• 20230514_194514.jpg
    20230514_194514.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230514_194532.jpg
    20230514_194532.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 48

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom