no heat in viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracoowner

i just woke up and it seems that draco has had no heat in his viv. i dont know how long but the temperatures in the hot end were 17 so im guessing the bulb has been gone for a few hours. ive now put a household bulb in and at the moment its gone up to 19.6. he was really cold and i had to move him onto his log. im going to check him again in a minute but want to let him try and warm up. my local shop doesnt open till 9 and its only 7:40 where i live.

i have read about a rice sock before but im not sure how they said to get the rice warm. i think someone said to put the sock with rice in the microwave for 2 minutes, or should i just cook it?

thanks for your help

dracoowner

Original Poster
its 24.7 now but he still feels quite cold. has anyone got any other ideas on how to warm him up?

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
What size bulb are you using...a 75 watt household bulb should get way hotter than that. The rice sock can be placed in the microwave uncooked for 2 min to warm it up.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Can you move him closer to the light until you can get a higher wattage bulb?

As for the rice sock, I just fill a sock with uncooked rice and place in the microwave for some time. The rice can get really hot, so you may want to try it for less time (than 2 minutes) at first and check it. Then wrap a towel or something around it and place your beardie on it.

Hope that helped.

dracoowner

Original Poster
thanks for your help. ive only just managed to get the new bulb in. the temps have been around 28 all day and he warmed up a lot when i gave him a bath this morning. i know it was probably only for a few hours but will this cause any problems over the next few days or in the future as he felt nearly ice cold when i first felt him this morning. he's been eating well and has had nearly 20 crickets and a few hoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom