no cricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My male beadie no longer eats he just digs and sleeps i have tried to force him to eat and some times that works some times it does not. temps are normal 80 to 85 on cool side 100 to 105 baskin side using solar glow uvb\ uva bulb about 7 inches for baskin spot. i have a 4 by 2 by 2 tank and a female with the same setup that is doing fine even after laying eggs. what can i do please help.

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
adults dont really need crickets like the babies do it is baby food... try going to your local petsmart/petsco or something like that and getting some live super worms my 2 adults will NOT eat crickets but LOVE the super worms :p

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
7" is very close for an MVB like the solar glo, the recommended distance is at least 14" to avoid toxicity from high UVB. I would lower his basking spot for starters.

Yes adults do often go off crix, so you could try other feeders (locust, supers if he is over 16" long) I think due to the fact he is hiding etc it is something in your set up. How are you measuring those temps??

golith1118

Original Poster
with a regular thermometer and and also one that has the little probe same temps on both i raised the light to 12 inches that is as high as i can go my other berdie seems fine but my male is just digging and not eating had to force the super worms on him he ate three he stopped eating veggies all together.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I wouldnt every force a beardie to eat foods, they can choke eaisly. If your very worried (which i think you are) i would get some chicken baby food, dilute it with water and use a dropper or syringe without the needle to drop some on his nose, he should want to lick it off. You siad digging, are you 100% he's male? Females will dig alot and go off all food just before they lay eggs.

I would perhaps post a pick on here of the base of the tail. Face him away but on a flat surface, gently lift the tail, just above the vent there will either be one bump, or two)

golith1118

Original Poster
i'm 100 positive he is a male he has successfully mated with my female and eggs have already hatched from the first clutch i will try the baby food. how long can they go without eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom