Nip toes? Retain shed? I can't tell... Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
When I got my boy turbo, he was sold to me as a nip tail/toe.. His toe has always been like this and I figured it would eventually fall off but it's been 2 months and it looks like there is still blood flow to it.. So it not dead... What do I do?
1E586467-C204-4F72-B114-A28C49F65FDF.jpg

4D3D3F03-C01E-4034-8F0D-DDA64D0B70CC.jpg

B2BD1723-FB52-4EDA-8BB6-00BEBF730C6F.jpg

I took these after his bath today.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The nail is probably gone for good, but the tip looks healed. As long as it stays looking like that, I'd leave it alone. If it starts to look like it's getting infected (looks unlikely to me) I'd schedule a vet visit.

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He still has his nail on it... I think. Would it turn black-ish if it gets ready to fall of?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh wow, didn't see it in the photo. The tip of the toe looks healthy and especially if the nail continues to grow then it should be fine. If it gets infected it will likely turn a dark color or start swelling.

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay. I'll just keep an eye on it and make sure it stays looking clean. If it was retained shed the end would swell right?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Most likely. If it was a big problem it would be (educated guess here) cutting off the circulation to the end of the toe which would cause it to die off. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Keep an eye on it and if it shows any changes please post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom