Night temps always 79°-80°.Too warm for healthy dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, Even on the *cool* side, the viv is always 79-80° throughout the night. I know that temp is good when a dragon is ill, but for a healthy dragon should I try to lower the temps?

They are 80 during the day, sometimes 82 but he can sort of hide under something to get away and he has his time outside of the viv roaming the house for about an hour per day. His belly is always fairly cold/cool when we put him back in so he get a break from the heat then.

Just wondering if I should open one of the glass doors before putting him to bed in order to get the temp down to 70°-75° or so?

Thanks!
~Sherri

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
That's a good question. I don't have an answer but I wanted to make certain I got notified if someone had any ideas because I'm curious too. The coolest my viv really gets is 77F and that is in a hide that goes completely unused. I struggle to keep any part of my house that cool this time of the year in Vegas.
Thanks for bringing this up, Sherri.

Mirthy

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mirthy":35ag2dvq said:
That's a good question. I don't have an answer but I wanted to make certain I got notified if someone had any ideas because I'm curious too. The coolest my viv really gets is 77F and that is in a hide that goes completely unused. I struggle to keep any part of my house that cool this time of the year in Vegas.
Thanks for bringing this up, Sherri.

Mirthy

Yes, we are in Texas so I know about the dreaded heat! uhg. It is crazy. It is almost 10 pm and still over 100°outside :roll:

Maggie, I think the hide would be used if it felt too warm :)
We will have an answer by tomorrow for certain :D

~Sherri

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
It's never below 80 in my house where the reptiles reside, the girls room is attached but doesn't have an ac vent. They are fine as long as the humidity levels are good. When they want to brumate, they try to bury themselves in the lay bin or scratch at the wall to get out, this is when I put them in a cooler room at 76 degrees.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you Cheryl :)

Razzle is only 19 weeks old so not ready for brumation yet :) So if it happens next summer, I will watch for the signs and lower the temps if necessary.

Right now, when he looks for a place to hide in his viv, we usually bring him out where it is cooler and he has his run around time which he loves so much. It is so grand when they reach that larger size and can come out like this.

Glad to know I am not causing harm with the high night temps :D

Thanks again,
~Sherri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom