Night Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
The Temp. goes down to 70 degrees at night. When she wakes up her stress marks are in full effect. Belly dark grey with black circles. By time I turn her lights on and go get her breakfast her bellys starts going back to normal? Maybe I need a night light?

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Stress marks is a bit of a misnomer. Dragons will also get darker when they are trying to absorb heat and UVB, so it's normal for a dragon to be dark in the morning before they get moving because they're soaking in the heat to warm up.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
70 degrees is ok at night. If it dips below 60 or so, I would look into alternative heating, like a ceramic heat emitter, but don't use one of those 'night lights'. Even the black ones emit light and bother your beardie at night.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
You could always get a ceramic heater for her tank. They don't give off light (so it won't disturb her sleep), and they are great in the winter time. Worth a shot!

neecie

Juvie Member
I bought a heat emitter, 50W, and put it on during the nights I think may get chilly in the house..........works good, but bulb and fixture (ceramic) cost $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom