night heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

neecie

Juvie Member
I live in southern calif. and days are warm, but night in my house goes down to about 60 (later in the year may have heat on at night). Is this too chilly for BD? I keep reading down to 65 is ok. Should I get a black light and set it on top of the screen for sleeping? Sometimes he sleeps on or under his blankie - but often stays spread out on his driftwood.

zamboni

try a low watt heat emmiter that should do it i hear any kind of colored light will dissrupt there sleep cycle.

neecie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yea, I know a red light is not good for sleepytime. Don't know what black light means, I just read about it.
So............low watt heat emitter sounds good - is that only a pet store item, or is Home Depot a possibility?
Need to save gas and let my fingers do the walking. Thanks.

neecie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just got back from Petco and got the correct heat bulb and the clamp shade thingy so I can set it on the top screen. Only 60 watts, cuz need to take the chill off, not really heat up the tank...............maybe others who keep the house cool during the nights can use this info. My total was $50 -- if I bought online and shipped it would be close and I wouldn't have it TODAY. Other than worms, my $ outlay is pretty much over. Thanks for the info so I knew what to shop for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom