Nibbler barely eats, and is so lazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiwan

Hi everyone i have a concern about my Beardy Nibbler. He had a regular winter shutdown and came out of it at the end of January, he returned to his normal energetic self. In the middle of June he shed in a few spots, feet, tail, head! As with most sheds he was not interested in eating alot and was not as active. Since then his activity level and eating habbits have not returned, he barely eats and does not run around like he used to. He also is only pooping maybe once every 5-7 days, of course because he is not eating. He is 2 1/2 to 3 years old and at first i thought it was just normal for him to slow down, but i have read that he should not do that for a few more years. He is in perfect shape and is not losing wieght at all. He also does not enjoy basking as much! Is it possible that he could do another shut down? Any help would be appreciated, i'm just stumped! Thank-you!

What kinds of foods are you trying? Have you replaced your uvb source in the last 6 months? what brand light is it? What kind of light cycle is it on? Tried taking it outside a few hours a day?

odiwan

Original Poster
Bulb changed every six months, last time was about three weeks ago. It is a reptisun 10 flouresant tube, it is all i have ever used. We have beeen taking him outside for the last few day's. His diet is mainly collards which he loves and green beans, which he also loves, We have switched up to a mixed green and yellow beans and a bit of romaine lettuce which he likes to. Lots of berries as well, straw, rasp, and blue. He is not to interested in crickets much unless there right in front of him, never was much of a chaser, he waits till they walk in front of him, :? He has been a bit better the last few days but compared to his normal level of activity he has slowed down alot. I thought of the uvb bulb right away to but it has always been replaced, this is the first time in two years he has slowed down this much, maybe he's just growing up and the craziness is over, now he is more about the chilling. He looks the same, isn't losing weight and his eyes r clear and healthy, he just isn't as active?

Hi. Sometimes one of my beardies named Milo is pretty lazy some days and pretty active on others. Also one day he won't have that big of an appetite And my other beardie Rufus will eat most of the salad then the next day Milo will eat more then Rufus. But Once I noticed that Milo ate more salad than Rufus for a week but Rufus still ate enough salad. But when it comes to bugs they both get an equal amount. Your dragon probably doesn't have much of an appetite for the past few days but he should get better. As for not pooping go check if he is impacted or give him a warm bath. Try feeding him only insects afterwards then go back to greens. Hope this helps :)

odiwan

Original Poster
Thanks guys! Nibbler is perking up a little, he had a good poop the other day and is eating a bit more, i guess i was just concerned because it was so out of the ordinary for him. he did a little exploring today and were gonna get him a few worms as a treat this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom