Newish beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woozel121

Hello, I am a fairly new beardie owner, I would like to think I did everything right in setting up my enclosure, but he is acting different going through his first shed, he only eats like 2-8 crickets a day and not really touching his veggies. Whenever I put my hand in there he rubs against it. He is about 4 months old, 6" long, in a 30" long enclosure,has a reptisun 5.0 compact UVB light, the warm side is about 107 and the cool side is around 86. I haven't been able to get him to touch his veggies at all for the time that I have had him so I have been feeding his crickets the veggies. He is a rankins beardie as well. Also is it normal in his cage I have a rock cave and sometimes in order to wake him up I have to take the top off else he will stay in there all day long. He hates baths, doesn't care for the warm towel wrap either. Another thing, I didn't know beardies chewed their food, I thought they just swallowed it whole, but even the 1/4" crickets he chews carefully, he also likes to eat my hair, I know this is very bad for him what can I do to discourage this, anytime he sees it he has to eat it, if he is on my shoulder I can hear him chewing it. Sorry about the long post I just wanted to cover everything.

woozel121

Original Poster
Ozzybaby":3gk2gjek said:
Do you know what the humidity is in his tank?

Not sure, he does have a water dish in there though, the pet store was all out of humidity gauges when I was there. I know you shouldn't have water dishes in the tank but he loves soaking in it, he never poops in there though, he poops in his corner right under the heat lamp so I smell it right away lol. This is New York and the heater is running so I figured it would be kinda dry and okay to have it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom