Newbie UPDATE PICCYS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexySez

Hello

I have today purchased a bearded dragon! Never owned one before or any other type of reptile but really always wanted one

I have a male and hes a grow on. Not entirely sure of his age think he must be around 20 weeks

Had much fun setting it all up today and cant stop going and looking at him! hes great

Sez x

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And.......
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8:
Look forward to seeing pic's of your new buddy. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

SexySez

Original Poster
Is very exciting!

Thinking of names for him. Looking at Puff so far (as in Magic Dragon) ha ha

Very cool to just sit and watch though

SexySez

Original Poster
Heres my boy! Not the clearest pics, they were taken on my phone

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

He had his first bath this morning as you can see!
DSC00716.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
hi and welcome ! yay bath time! don't think the sand is the best for a young one though , maybe tile or paper towel would be better for now just in case of impaction , have heard and read and learned alot about sand and impaction on the forum . agin welcome and yay for pictures ! thanks for sharing :blob5:

SexySez

Original Poster
Hmmm ok will have a word with the Reptile Shop that sold him to me. He keeps all of his and the stock on the type of sand I got.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yeah alot of pet store do...why is beyond me as it would be much better for the health of the
beardies if they just used newspaper or paper towels and much cheaper for them. I guess they
do it because that way people see them in the store and will think that is what they are suppose
to use. Makes it easier to make the sale of the calci-sand products that they carry. :angry5: I
was mislead by the pet stores years ago when I first became a beardie slave. Thank goodness I
never had impaction issues with my crew, but I did end up having an awful bout with parasites.
I'm very grateful to one of our member that stepped up and told me like
a "Litter Box." :puke: Immediately I change from particle substrate to tile, non-adhesive linoleum,
repti-carpet, and paper towels for the babies.
Sense changing we have had no parasites. :blob8: :blob8:
I have 7 beardies plus the 2-headed boys so our vet bill was out of this world. And everyone had
clogged nostrils due to the dust particles.
I've never been happier sense changing out the litter box an I'm sure my beardies are much
much happier now too.

Love the pic's and what a beardie death glare that little guy can give. :lol:
Thanks again for sharing the pic's. :D

SexySez

Original Poster
He is still very shy! However he does seem to relax when I put him on my arm. Did show me his beard when I put him in the water. I just laughed and stroked him. Ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom