Newbie to bd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj4x4fun

Original Poster
Explora":u6us9sdx said:
Hi and welcome! I just picked up tile for my baby boy today, so all I can really share is what I've learned from several days of obsessively scrolling forums. Slate and porcelain are the best kind, but slate is porous and absorbs liquid easily. Porcelain tiles are glazed so nothing gets past them! If you go with porcelain, try to make it a little rougher because it files down their claws and mimics their natural habitat better. Some beardies freak out with tile at first, but just give them a little time and they should be fine :D hope this helps!

Thanks

I will be at home depot or loses tomorrow to get some tiles cut. I don't want to glue them down in this tank because it will be a juvie tank once I build the adult enclosure. Or it may be a reef tank. To go with the 190 gal set up we have

2f229cab.jpg

tj4x4fun

Original Poster
Hers a question!!!! Since I removed the crush walnut substraite my girl has been trying to dig to china thee the drawer liner. Should I put some sand in a box for her or is that a bad idea I don't want her to get impaction.

Explora

Sand is a bad idea! Any loose substrate is bad because their's usually a pretty big risk for impaction. Not really sure what to do about the digging, though I did discover recently that Atlas likes to "dig" during bathtime! Maybe you could give that a try?

darren0311

A little sand will not hurt, we have sand in our BD Enclosure, so IMO a little area wont hurt.
Good luck, they are Nice looking BD's

tj4x4fun

Original Poster
Explora":39a458i5 said:
Sand is a bad idea! Any loose substrate is bad because their's usually a pretty big risk for impaction. Not really sure what to do about the digging, though I did discover recently that Atlas likes to "dig" during bathtime! Maybe you could give that a try?

They had thier second bath tonight and guess what more digging! The two females have grown almost an inch this week! The small male has only grown 1/4" but I think that's pretty good for a week. I don't think they were getting what they needed. I also set up my cricket breeder today pics will be up soon.

tj4x4fun

Original Poster
The largest started to shed! She has grown an inch in a week and a half! How much can they grow between sheds and how often do they shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom