Newbie - sortof

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighmck

Hi everyone - I was a member here about a year and a half ago and spent month and month researching Beardie's before getting one.

Life went crazy for a bit so I put getting a beardie on hold. But I am back again and ready to get one. I am working on getting my viv set up which is an old aquarium I had. its 29L x 18H x 12W. This will NOT be a long term enclosure but I already had it from when my son had his snake.

I've already ordered a Reptisun 10.0 24 inch long. I have a basking light, a cool side light and a CHE. I will have the lighting setup like the one in the Lighting Thread on these boards. I also have 2 digital thermometers one for cool and one for basking sides and a timer for my lights.

I had a nice dubia colony going but it died off so I am starting it up again.

I plan on running my lights etc for a week or so to make absolutly sure I am comfortable with the timing on them and the temps are right, etc.

Don't be surprised if I ask for a lot of advise and suggestions. I will post pics of my set up later this week when my lights I ordered arrive.

Thanks, in advance.
Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom