New Vivarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus

Okay, im planning on making a new vivarium, looking at around 4x2x2, so just a bit bigger than what i have now(don't have much space).
Im strapped for cash at the minute too and was woundering if i found some wood laying around outside would i be able to use that? is there anyway i could clean/steralise it or should i just not take a risk and wait till i can afford to buy new wood?
Cause i recently moved into a new house and theres alot of wood laying around up at our stables, but its been left in the rain and i have no idea where its been or how long its been left out. Thanks.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
not knowing how long it has been outside I would not risk it. It may have bugs in it and may be warped already. building a single enclosure will only require one full sheet of your choice of plywood or melamine

Markus

Original Poster
I had a closer look at the wood thats lying around today most of it was rotten and soggy, i did find a good cabinet that wasn't too shabby but it was only 2feet long lol... just my luck aye. Im going to just get some money in the bank then find a place that sells & cuts wood. I've got some big sheets of ply in the barn thats 8'x4' but im not sure if my dad is using it to raise the floor, i'll ask him when hes next home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom