New UVB bulb from NatureZone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Just got an email from Reptile Supply, touting a new UVB bulb. I am copying statements from their blurb here,

"Nature Zone's Compact Hybrid Reptile Lamp breaks all the old
High Noon Compact Hybrid 10.0 UVB LampHigh Noon Compact Hybrid 10.0 UVB Lamp
notions that you need two lamps to give both enough BRIGHT DAYLIGHT and UVB. This lamp does both and in the process solves the old retina damage issue that was becoming a problem for our industry.

No other light like it! So unique we've applied for a patent on the bulb! Having a lamp with both DAYLIGHT and UVB spectrums in one light is the wave of the future.

* 23 watt 10.0 UVB Hybrid Reptile Terrarium Lamp
* Combines UVB, UVA & Bright Daylight lights in ONE compact fluorescent lamp
* Super Bright
* UVB Promotes Vitamin D3
* UVA Stimulates Natural Behavior
* Bright 6400K Daylight Spectrum Helps Condition the Eye to Protect the Retina
* Recommended for all Daytime-Active Reptiles
* High UVB Output Provides Spectrum Necessary for Optimal Calciym Metabolism
* Energy Saving Eco Friendly 2 bulbs in 1"

Anyway, I wonder if anyone has seen one of these bulbs yet, or been able to test one. They are selling it at 26.99, and If they truly have been able to break away from the pattern of cfl problems, it might be worth looking at, but I would not rush to get one until it tests clean for problems with effective UVB. Tracie? Frances? :study: :study: :study:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just went into their site and found a picture of it.
SNZ56345.jpg

I'd be very weary of it especially since it's a compact. The way they explain it, makes it sound like you don't need a heat bulb, that it supplies all. That could be very confusing for some people.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I won't touch any compact until we get consistent test results showing the issues are handled, and at this point, that goes for the Mercury Vapor bulbs as well. :? I really did like the Solar Glo before they started messing with it. :( Just using the faithful tube Reptisuns at this point.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you mean like the one I posted above? If so, you right click the image, then copy & paste that link between the

diamc":3buiyo80 said:
Do you mean like the one I posted above? If so, you right click the image, then copy & paste that link between the tags.[/quote]

i tried and i right clicked it and i right clicked to the image thing and it would show paste

diamc":xa6pflje said:
Do you mean like the one I posted above? If so, you right click the image, then copy & paste that link between the tags.[/quote]
[img]11564_102292423129444_100000460612259_55317_3973013_n

lizardlover2012":19ycbs48 said:
diamc":19ycbs48 said:

i tried and i right clicked it and i right clicked to the image thing and it would show paste[/quote]
i ment it wouldnt[img]11564_102292423129444_100000460612259_55317_3973013_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom