New updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Where to start...
Well I got a nice call today absolutely out of the blue. A guy called and said that he was given my number from a friend who owns a tattoo shop. He has a program at his school and they have a cornsnake to get rid of so I talked to mike and we're going to take it. I honestly never thought i'd get a corn. I have a major thing for my balls and king snakes. So i'll see how I like her, she's orange with a great temperment since she was the one they used for presentations.

I'm also getting things together to breed hamsters since my snake room is getting another addition, hoping for yet another one soon, waiting for an email reply about another ball *wiggles with excitement*

Pics will come as soon as I have her, plus I really need to update the pics on my other 3 babies :lol:

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Got the new girl, her names terri she's about 3.5 ft long, very sweet. She wasn't sure what to think of a bath so i'm assuming they did the bowl of water thing :lol:
The advisor for the program has my number and if she gets anymore rescues she'll give me a call first :D

I neeeeeeeed to get my rear in gear (and the extra cash) and get the hamster breeding going. Thinking the 3rd of march i'll go get the rest of the supplies to make hamster bins and the first 3 hamsters (1 male and 2 females)til then I get to buy 2 rats and 2 mice a week :laughhard:

I'll get pictures once she's comfy in her new home, plus waiting for Sin to finish her shed so she's in her beautiful colors.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Urgh :banghead: Terri won't hurry up and shed so I can take pictures, to me she's really a very pretty girl but I have no clue if shes a "normal" corn. And with her taking forever to shed I gotta keep waiting for opinions :roll: ok so just looked in my snake planner and forever is barely 3 weeks since I got her :lol: Feels like longer.

I'm still darn proud of my "vampire" bite :oops: my mom had a cow and threatened unspeakable horrors on Coco's head for doing what apparently is natural for a king snake (dummy me didn't sanitize my arms after I held Terri) and unknown to me king snakes can eat other snakes :shock: so apparently Coco had the munchies and I smelt like a snack :laughhard:

I shoulda taken a pic of my mark, it was just too cute IMO :D

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:lol: I've been bitten by the snake bug so badly. I couldn't resist these 2, they'll be here tuesday morning :D Mike dunno about them, they're a suprise for him :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: %150 for the pair SHIPPED :shock: i'm way too happy even tho I gotta clean house cuz mikes son and ex will be here for a week starting tomorrow.

Male nic
malenic.jpg

Female nic
femalenic.jpg

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Ooohh Congrats! They are beauties. You will also like the corn, too. I love mine, she is therapeutic!
Our boa is the sweetest snake ever - and the personality he has is really incredible.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
lacy_black":ad9b0 said:
Got the new girl, her names terri she's about 3.5 ft long, very sweet. She wasn't sure what to think of a bath so i'm assuming they did the bowl of water thing :lol:
The advisor for the program has my number and if she gets anymore rescues she'll give me a call first :D

I neeeeeeeed to get my rear in gear (and the extra cash) and get the hamster breeding going. Thinking the 3rd of march i'll go get the rest of the supplies to make hamster bins and the first 3 hamsters (1 male and 2 females)til then I get to buy 2 rats and 2 mice a week :laughhard:

I'll get pictures once she's comfy in her new home, plus waiting for Sin to finish her shed so she's in her beautiful colors.

No breeding for us, but since I've been with the animal sanctuary, the director is going to help us out. Currently, we are going through 2 Rats, 4 mice, and 4 pinkies a week! We're going to go broke!! No breeding for us... no thanks!

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We could go broke if we didn't start breeding our own food. I hate having to pay $8.00 per medium rat, $2.00 per mouse and ours are fed every 10 to 14 days so it adds up pretty fast.

It's so hard not just blurting out the secret to mike, my mother (the 1 who paid for the snakes) plans on being here when they arrive cuz she wants to see his face when I hand him the box :lol: Gonna tell him shes taking me to get soda so that's why she is here on tuesday morning. I'm so exciting thinking of his reaction :lol:

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ROFL just noticed I wrote %150, it's supposed to be $150 silly me should sleep more often I guess. :roll:

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Pics finally, color is way too cruddy to show them properly, only have a webcam sooooooooo need a darn digital cam.

Introducing Terri the corn snake
Picture9.jpg

Picture10.jpg

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They're here and their pictures absolutely did them no justice. Blade, the male has a beautiful pink belly and it is up his sides, very little black pigment to him. Nakita is a dark color and has attitude :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom