New to this...need alittle help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJ

Ive been doing my research for awhile now and the lighting still confuses me alittle. Im getting my beardie in 2 days and I got a 20gal tank for now, I also got a bearded dragon starter kit which comes with two dome lights but Im still not sure what bulbs to get. I know that I have to get a UVB bulb, but Im not sure what else I should use.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
You'll want to get the 18 or 22 inch reptiSUN 10.0 bulb, you can get the zoo med fixture too, but a regular flourescent "under cabinet" fixture from walmart will run you 1/3 as much. I think mine was $8. You should throw out whatever bedding (probably calci-sand) came with the kit and use papertowels, newspaper, shelf liner or tile. I like the tile because I can just spot clean with baby wipes and occasionally use the dust buster. The dome lights should be good for basking and general temperature control. I have a 60 watt on the hot side and a 40 watt on the cool side, and that seems to keep my temperatures within decent range. You can play around with the necessary wattage depending on the temps in your house, if its cooler try 100 watt and a 60 watt. Other than the UVB, regular house hold bulbs are fine to use, so even if you need to experiment, it shouldn't be too pricey. Your little guy will probably appreciate some stuff to climb, like a piece of driftwood or a rock for basking. A hide is also good, I have one of those exo terra rock caves that my corn snake outgrew and it is a perfect 2 in 1 basking rock/hide for Charlie.

BabyJ

Original Poster
Ok thank you. Im going to go get all the lights and stuff after work today. My boyfriend is giving me some of the stuff he has since he has snakes. The starter kit didnt come with any sand and Im happy bout that, I hadnt planned on using that anyways. I will try to post pics wen I get everything set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom