New to this forum and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch123

Hey, im obviously new to this forum as the topic says and I need a bit of help.

Ok, so when i got Nick (my bearded dragon) he was 2 months old. Now i was very very interested in him in the first few weeks and could stop holding him. But sadly my interest in him soon weakend and i held him less often (about once a week).

Now almost a year later, i've decided to bond with him, like I should have already done. I've been holding him several times a day but he obviously isn't really familiar with being held this much, so he usually rans away when i hold him. I know it will take time for him to warm up to me, but do you guys have any tips on bonding with your bearded dragon? If so please tell me them.

Thanks, Mitch

Here is an idea so he gets used to you a bit more instead of taking him out of his cage a lot try strocking him in his cage and then in about a week try taking him out. :mrgreen: Tell me wat happens in a while k bye

Mitch123

Original Poster
Thanks for the replys, the leaving the shirt in the vivarium idea sounds different! :D but i'll try it!

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
I first did it because dragons it gave something for her to dig in.. then someone mentioned the scent aspect. makes sense to be.. i don't know if it works or not.. but mine sure is cuddly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom