New to the Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleyRose

Hello! After months of lurking around I decided to just make an account. My name is Haley and I am the mother of two (about)six month old beardies, Athena and Lucifer. I adopted them both from my job at PetSmart. The tip of Athena's tail was bitten off by Lucifer, who is aptly named because he just isn't that nice...I just took him home today after months of thinking about it. Everyone was afraid of handling him besides me. They will never be around each other, and I have hopes that Lucifer will turn his attitude around and become trusting of me. Athena is as sweet as they can come though.

Months before I even adopted Athena I was doing research. I also own hermit crabs, which are one of the most misinformed animals sold, so I wanted to also do it the right way with the ubeardies. I seriously made lists upon lists of supplies I needed to collect. My beardies are in 40 gallons, which I scored super cheap at Goodwill, with Reptisun 10.0, no substrate, etc. etc. I even started breeding Dubias! I even recommend Reptisun to all the customers at work with lighting questions. One thing I couldn't wait to do when I brought my beardies home was to put them under that UVB. I hope that the introduction to UVB will help with Lucifer's temperate, too.

Lucifer
2djpg5j.jpg

Athena
ip0geq.jpg

Galactic

Oh cool a petsmart employee! To get Lucifer more trusting just try to handle him as much as possible.

EDIT: I adopted a male and a female that used to be caged together. The male ate the tip of the females tale like what Lucy did. Of course I separated them when I got them.They are both really sweet lizards though, I think he was just hungry.

HaleyRose

Original Poster
I'll try to handle him more, thanks! At work I wasn't able to handle him often . And he also tries to jump out if your hands. I'll give him some time to adjust to his new surroundings and then start.

HaleyRose

Original Poster
Yeah, but he doesn't bite down. He's learned that taking your hand away from him will make you go away. I don't back off, so he'll strike. I think the poor thing is more scared then angry.

Galactic

Yeah he is definitely scared. Good thing you aren't though! After a while he will learn to just tolerate your handling and should calm down. I am glad he went to somebody who is willing to put up with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom