NEW TO FORUMING..ADVICE OR OPINIONS ABT MY BEARDIE =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO =]

NAMES NATHAN...IM PRETTY NEW TO ALL THIS ...JUS WANTED TO POST A PIK OF MY BEARDIE..MR.CHEWY =]

WANTD TO KNOW WAT U GUYS THNK OF HIM..DOES HE LOOK HEALTHY?
MAYBE U CAN TELL ME HOW OLD HE LOOKS?
I FEED HIM ABT 10-12 CRICKETS IN THE AM AND 10-12 IN THE PM AROUND 5ISH
AND A SALAD OCCASIONALLY.. ANY POJNTERS WILL BE APPRECIATED..THANK YOU!!

chewy001.jpg

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
Well first not to sound mean or pick a fight, but please dont type in all caps.
But back to your beardie, very nice looking :). But you said 10-20 crickets a day? are you feeding full sized ones? And are you dusting them? Just seems from experience and from what others say that you should be feeding at least 20-30 each feeding or until they stop eating them. What kind of greens are you giving him, regular salad or iceberg lettuce is really bad for them. Collards and kale are best for them.
To answer your question on age unless you know hatch date its hard to tell. But if you can measure him and tell us we might be able to guess at it.
But he looks pretty good, nice colors\morph :)

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
Ya didnt want to gorge him but from what ive read i think im start feeding him like 20-30 each feeding.. and no they are small crickets .. although the pace between his eyes look like it can fit a large cricket.. thanks for the advice.. its all helping very much =]

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
your welcome :)
yea, the space between their eyes is a good piece of advice to know :). and trust me, you cant overfeed a beardie on crickets. Though if you only feed them pinkys they'll get faaatttt.

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
Hey laprice I started a new schedule for chewy ...I think it's more healthy .lights on at 7 am feed him 10-15 small crickets at 8am with a salad tht he ate as well ..then ima feed him another 10-15 at 1pm then agen at 5pm lights out at 8pm...wat do u think ??

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
Sounds pretty good, though with crickets just offer as many as he'll eat. If he stops at 10-15 thats fine, but dont leave un-eaten crickets in his tank. They will nip at your beardie, and can cause serious damage. The greens you can leave in all day, though on the cool side so they last long. Thats what i do with mine, they eat there greens throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom