new to beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkclove

I have a new bearded dragon..female named cleo. i have done a lot of research but this happened. i get worried very easily about my animals if you new my dog you would understand. lol i have her in a 10gallon tank for right now. i know i will get a bigger one soon! she is about 6 inches long. but anyways to the point i have a little log with a plant attached to it that you get from the petstores and a river rock for warming and of course her bowl of water and food on the other side.... earlier she got under the plant out of the light and i found her cold. she warmed up once i put the light on her but she scared me being cold and seeming to be lifeless so... my question is should i keep the plant in there. she also has a small rope stick looking thing that she can climb on. what should i do? any advice?

tigerlily

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the forum. I know beardies are usually pretty smart about regulating their temperatures and it might be that she was just sleeping. It should be okay to leave that plant in there though -- most people set up a den for their beardies to cool off in just in case they get too hot.

kckc

Hatchling Member
Hi welcome aborad!I would just watch here and make sure,she is basking and catching rays. if she is the plant stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom