New to beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mturner

Hi, I'm getting a beardie from dragons den tomorrow and am really excited. I have been setting up the tank and researching information until I think my brain is fried! I do have one question though. I'd like to be able to let my dragon have some outside time in the sun but being that I'm in Mississippi in the summer I'm worried about humidity.
Should i maybe cancel the outdoors or maybe only reserve it to small periods of time? Of course this isn't going to be right away, only after he/she is well adjusted to the new home.
hope to show pictures of the lil one when it arrives.

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
Could you give us the weather in Mississippi?
I'm in Kansas, I take my Beardie Hope out in weather over 80 and under 105 regardless of humidity, but for rarely more than an hour a day. As long as he's living inside I think it should be fine.

Mturner

Original Poster
Right now it's in the 90's with about 74% humidity. I put him out in the sunshine and shaded half so he could move over there, but after 10 minutes he started the gaping mouth so i figured it was too hot and brought him back in.

momofonebeardie

BD.org Addict
I am in Iowa and it has been in the high 90's to low 100's and around 80% humidity., I take both Fluffy and Abe outside I just make it shorter trips. About 20-25 minutes a day.

I was not so worried about the humidity as I was the heat. Never much thought about the humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom