New To beardies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjket22

I purchased one at Petco, then another 2 days later...I did not know they should be apart as solitary dragons...but they snuggle and sleep together...and I think 1 is female(left) male on right..I have wondered if she(left) is a rankin because She puffs her beard out and doesnt have same head shape as male....I had to hand feed them baby food for 2 weeks,they have tripled in size..and shed twice already..
94158-1230359674.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, cute little babies. :) It's best to separate them now especially with the size difference. Some dragons do get along raised together but there's no way to predict when one will take off a foot or tail or even a bite to the head of the other. Just even during feeding they can mistake a tail or toe for an insect + bite it off.

The small one is not a Rankin's no need to guess. They are much more rare + not sold in average pet stores and would be even smaller than that as a baby.

Mjket22

Original Poster
Thank you...for the information. I am a little sad they cant/shouldnt remain together. I will seperate them......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom