New to BD.com, and beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman955

Hey guys, just made an account and wanted to introduce myself here. I also have a few questions on my first bearded dragon. The All-Ohio-Reptile show is coming up soon in Less than two weeks. I figured we'd get a better price and a better selection on beardies there than at our local pet store. What I'm about to list is everything were going to have for the beardie. We haven't gotten all of this yet, but will have it in about a week, so well before the show. After doing my research and looking at a few care sheets, I think we have everything the little guy/girl will need, but I just wanted to double check. (Also, I do not want a hatchling. I want one that's going to be bigger, and able to be handeled on a constant basis. I think a yearling would be good, what do you guys think? Also, how big typicaly are yearlings?)

- 55 gallon long tank
- Substrate: Cut to size, Burlap
- ReptiGlo 10.0 UVB bulb and Deep dome light fixture
- 75-150 watt bulbs and a second Deep dome light fixture
- Branch that has been baked at 300degrees for 30 minutes for him/her to climb on
- Fitted screen top
- Going to make him a hide out of either some rocks, wood, or cut one out of a cardboard box (Do they need a hide?)
- Water dish
- Veggie dish
- Calcium with D3 supplement

Tell me what you guys think! Thanks!

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
I would go with a 40 gallon breeder tank instead of a 55. The Reptisun 10.0 needs to be a tube instead of the coil bulb, so you'll need a fluorescent fixture. They do need a hide, but I don't recommend cardboard because it can hold contaminants and will get easily ruined with poop...

Everything else looks great! A yearling would be a very good idea!

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
hi, not sure but burlap seems like it would catch on the beardies nails, paper towel, newspaper, tile, or repti carpet much better, as said already, repti sun 10.0 tube and a 40 gal breeder better choices. as for hides some people say yes and some say no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom