New tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin124

I just bought a new tank for my beardie. It is a 6ft by 2ft by 18 inch tank. I am just wondering if there is anything I need to do to help him with the transition. He is in about a 4 foot long tank now and is about 7 1/2 months. Any help is appriciated.
106979-1515754140.jpg
(new tank) will provide a better picture later today

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moving over his existing items into the new tank so he is familiar with them should be good enough :)

-Brandon

Merlin124

Original Poster
KarrieRee":isqul9fk said:
Your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8?
Karrie
Theres a t8 on the inside and another uvb on the outside not sure what it is I can't seem to find where it says, and I have looked around. I know t8s arent the best but I haven't had the chance to get a t5. Hopefully a soon investment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For a T 8 distance needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor on the inside of the tank - the screen is blocking 30% of those rays -- look on the bulb for the other bulb it will tell you
Karrie

Merlin124

Original Poster
Having troubles keeping the temps up in the tank, his basking spot is reaching 103.5 and occasionally 104.5 . I know 105 plus is ideal but I'm just wondering if this is ok or if I should make a new lid. He has a cool side of around 85° and on the lower points on the hot side range from 90°-95°. Just wondering if this is ok or should I make a wooden lid or something else. It now has 2 100w ceramic heat lamps and a 150w basking light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How are you taking that temp? Digital probe or infrared heat gun? You want tems 95-110 --- for an adult dragon
Karrie

Merlin124

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3q8uie1o said:
How are you taking that temp? Digital probe or infrared heat gun? You want tems 95-110 --- for an adult dragon
Karrie
Digital probe. Hes about 10 months old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the 95-110 is good --- so your temps are good -- your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? Am I seeing 2 UVB's
Karrie

Merlin124

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mden0bn said:
Ok so the 95-110 is good --- so your temps are good -- your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? Am I seeing 2 UVB's
Karrie
2 t8s one on the inside one on the outside
I'm saving up for a t5 but...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the one top of the tank is not really doing any good the screen is blocking 30% of those rays the one on the inside needs to be 6-8 inches directly above his basking decor-- no clear plastic cover over the bulb - when getting a T 5 fixture make sure it has a reflector and is NOT the same length as the tank--- a 24" would be good--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom