New rescue needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcksnmnusa

Original Poster
Beauty Update: Hurray! Beauty pooped this morning! The vet said I could increase her fluids to twice a day starting yesterday-I was worried that she was still dehydrated and had not pooped. I have been increasing her intake of the chicken, squash, vitamin mixture every day. This morning she was very alert and moving around so I moved her into the large viv. She wasn't in there more than ten minutes and she had a nice healthy poop. Called the vet to let him know and asked about crickets. He said a few little ones but only if she is strong enough to catch them herself--no hand feeding. She had her antibiotics this morning but I tried crickets tonight. Even with her limited eyesight she caught three little crickets tonight. Wore herself out though so she is resting now. Wonderful Beauty went from death's door to catching her own supper in a week. I am so happy she is doing so well. She is not out of the woods but at least she is steadily improving. Thanks to everyone for all the positive energy directed at Beauty.

sjcksnmnusa

Original Poster
Beauty Update: After one week in my ICU and one week in bigger vivarium Beauty is doing wonderful. She keeps both eyes open and boy, does she need them. I started out giving her baby crickets last Friday, then half-inch, and now she is taking 3/4 inch size. I have put brown paper around the sides of her viv so she does not get freaked out by reflections and the crickets climb up the sides. She picks them off like apples on a tree. The minute she sees the cricket bag she charges to the front of the viv and gets herself ready to catch her dinner. I am feeding about 20 crickets of various sizes, twice a day. She turns her nose up-literally-at greens and squash but is chasing down the crickets. I am not pushing the greens too hard right now because I want her to get as much protein as possible to build herself back up. She will be on antibiotics until the 27th and she is getting vitamins and squash by syringe every other day. Her crickets are dusted with calcium and D3. She had a nice healthy poop on Wed and I don't think that area is going to be a problem. I think it is going to take some time to get her to a healthy weight. Her legs seem thin. I measured her today and she is 16 1/2 inches. She has gained about an ounce and a half since the 8th and is now at 270 grams.
You know how Beardies get dark when they are stressed, well I'm sure Beauty had a lot of that going on when I first brought her home, but I'm finding a lot of that dark is just dirt. During her last soak, as I gently brushed her with my little toothbrush, the dirt just rolled off. I could actually see these brown clouds in the clear water. I think Beauty is going to be pretty light colored instead of muddy brown.
I managed to irritate some of my vertebrate and am on limited movement due to pain and the meds for that pain but hope to conquer the digital camera I received for Christmas and learn how to get pictures out of the camera and on to the web while I can't do much else. Hopefully I will have photos of Beauty and Cera up soon. Clean photos!

Madchik

That is fantastic to hear how we'll she is doing now ... I was reading the post and could help but think about my 2 little rescues and how much better they are ( tho a long way to go yet ) and when you said she caught her first crickets I must admit I had tears of joy ( litterally :cry: ) as I can remember how excited I was when my guys had there first crunch after a week . They are such loving and gentle creatures it breaks my heart when people mistreat them ( any animal for that matter) I am so thrilled to see she is getting all the TLC that she so truly deserves . Keep up the fantastic work and you will be so humbly rewarded :blob5:

P.s I hope ya back sorts it self too ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom