New problem, please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Ok everyone so I just ran into an issue. I usually keep a thing of supers on hand for Franklin, but lately I've like been finding them randomly around and in the house- Beetle here or there, worm under the couch, ect. Now, this doesn't bother me so much since they're only beetles and not even slimey worms, HOWEVER my GF just found one in her sock when she was putting it on after just waking up.
She already hated worms. Now she is just MAD.

So what do I do to keep those little buggers contained? I thought they were!! I had a few like in November that were in the wrong type of container and chewed an escape hatch through one of the air holes....idk if it's those ones, or new ones but now I have to deal with my gf being super pissed at me for "letting the worms escape, and i hate worms, they gross me out, blah blah blah"

The word for the day is containment, and I need to offer her a way of making sure that no worms ever escape so that it satisfies her and she stops being so mad!
Now right at the moment I have some worms in those Petco worm containers the like white and green ones that hold like 50 worms. I don't think they can escape from there, but gawd only knows now!!

*whew*

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
We have our supers in a glass 10 gallon with a screen lid. It is half full of bran and we toss in cut up butternut squash/potatos/carrots for moisture.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
so what's the advice on hunting down escapees? Gawd what a mess. I don't even know how they got out to get in her sock!! I guess I just move them outside, it's not nearly that cold out now, they should be fine?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is the container you have them in shallow? If so, you should use something deeper and can even put a screen or lid on it with holes in it.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I've got a superworm colony and haven't had a problem at all. The supers for feeding are in a shoebox sized plastic bin. It has a lid that fits on nice and tight and I drilled a couple dozen holes in the top. There is an inch or two of substrate in the bottom. The critters would have to climb spectacularly well to get out. My beetles are in bins that are like shoe box size, but two or three times deeper with only a couple inches of substrate. I just put a mesh cover loosely over the top.

Now crickets... totally different story. :banghead:

As for the girlfriend... might I suggest flowers? Ummmm... perhaps a dinner invitation? Just a nice little "wow you are terrific" card. Things like that are never a bad thing. At the very least it will take the edge off of the mad thing. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom