New Owner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRoss

Hey there,

My name is Lindsey and I bought my first Beardie about one week ago- His name is Angus.
I've had an iguana and gecko in the past, but one died at 16 and the other at 12. I went 2 years without a pet, but have always dreamed of having a bearded dragon. They're my favorite.

I chose Angus because I frequently drop by my local pet store, and noticed that no one was taking this loveable little guy after about 6 months of him being there. Originally there were 5 little babies, but one by one they sold until little Angus was left by his lonesome. THEN the pet store got more beardie babies and they were selling like crazy- but Angus was already growing so much that he just wasn't being taken by anyone. I decided that he was meant for me, and after taking a week to make a huge home for him, I took him home.

I'm really glad to have found this website because it has been awhile since I've had a lizard, and I'm new to beardies so it's nice to know there's a whole community of people who love them and can help me learn how to be the best owner I can be. Angus is a little grump so far, which they warned me about at the pet store. I'd be a grump too if I'd been at that store for ages so I'm on a personal mission to make this lizard happy. He's perked up a lot over the past week, and although he isn't much for being handled we've made some real progress over the past few days.

So that's it! I'm going to keep browsing around and learning what I can.. :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Lindsey,

What a great story. Sounds like Angus is one lucky little fella. I'm sure it won't be long and you'll have him eating out of your hand...LOL...literally!!!

Dawn

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello Lindsey & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And..........
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8:

Look forward to seeing pic's of your new little buddy Angus. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Angus couldn't be in a better home, kudos for you recognizing his needs :D

Welcome to the forum

Merry Christmas

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom