New Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

belber095

Hi there, I got this little girl about a month ago now, after some bad luck with another dragon, who was apparently ill when I purchased him. It was sad, but gave me a chance to be more prepared in starting over.

Anyway, this is Stella, I'm not sure what kind of dragon she is, please feel free to educate me, but she's been a pleasure so far.

I recently moved her to a 30 gallon tank, and switched her off of crickets to dubia roaches. I've dwelled on these forums since I first got a beardie, which was about 7 weeks ago, and decided I might as well join this community.

She hasn't been eating much the past 3 days, but she's still passing waste, so I'm not sure if it's due to an oncoming shed, or what, but I've been a little worried and was hoping someone can chime in and let me know if there's anything I can do for her. She's got a 150w basking bulb on a hanger, a reptiglo 10.0 uvb light mounted on the underside of the tanks lid, and her temps are 107-111 in her basking spot and 78-81 on her cool side. Temps were taken with an infrared heat gun.

It's entirely possible I'm being neurotic, but I'm responsible for her health and want to do everything I can do to do the best job as a new pet owner. Thanks for looking!

Mysty

Juvie Member
Loving the poses. Re eating it could be a case of low appetite due to relocation stress. Some beardies take longer than others to sdjust. Not much you can do other than not make any changes to viv and routine until settled in.

belber095

Original Poster
Mysty":3u6ehab6 said:
Loving the poses. Re eating it could be a case of low appetite due to relocation stress. Some beardies take longer than others to sdjust. Not much you can do other than not make any changes to viv and routine until settled in.
haha yes, she's pretty photogenic. she was eating fine in this tank before, even after transporting her to and from school with me for spring break, which is really the only reason i'm worried. She started shedding on her face about a week and a half ago but was still eating normally. Her tail became very dull a few days ago and she stopped eating at pretty much the same time as that.. does that mean the rest of the shed is on its way and she's conserving energy?

Mysty

Juvie Member
It does sound like the tail is ready to shed. As you suggest this could be down to that. I wouldnt worry if still as active/alert as usual, pooping and eating some of the food offered, even if appetite is reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom