New owner question: Is this decoration safe for my dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashburn

I'm putting together my habitat for my bearded dragon I'll be getting tomorrow, and it's just looking pretty miserable in there. I wanted to get some stuff to make it look a bit better. Right now I just have a piece of choya wood, a hammock, and a basking platform.

I was thinking about buying him one of these:
http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?groupid=18582&id=12260

Should I be concerned at all about the plants on it? Will he try to eat them, and if so, would it be harmful to him? Of course it says it's non-toxic, but should I be worried about impaction?

I got my bearded dragon from Cheryl @ beardeddragons.co after reading a lot of positive things about her. So far she has been great to work with and extremely helpful. She even sent me this pic of my beardie all ready to go on his journey:
BRlOOx4CMAACZg7.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...looks like a cozy little fella is on the way. :) As for the decorated log, some beardies would while others would not try to eat it. Babies are extremely curious, and if Cheryl has fed greens to her babies [ probably so, but not all breeders do ] then the fake stuff may be enticing. My babies have always gone after anything green, and I've never been able to put a fake plant in with mine.

flashburn

Original Poster
Hmm, okay. I guess I could buy it, and keep an eye on him, if it's a problem then I can trim off/remove the fake plants. Or is it just too risky?

flashburn

Original Poster
Nope, he is nameless so far. I just got him this morning. He has settled in okay so far. He is pretty skittish, and still getting adjusted obviously. I was able to give him a brief bath (after about 5 minutes he wanted out though), and he pooped afterwards. He hasn't touched his greens, but I was able to feed him a few crickets already.

IMG_1471.JPG

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Those are amazing colors.. I assume you were able to see pics of the parents.. were you already told if your new pet is a she/he?? Having a new baby in the house is exciting!! :p

flashburn

Original Poster
Yep, it's a male.

These are his parents, and he is supposed to look like his dad when he is older.

Male
vegas1.jpg

Female
nessa13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessyMay
Top Bottom