new owner please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnchaz1

hi my beardie is 18 weeks old and 14 inches long he is fed on mealworm crickets and locust he is eating and pooping well but just for the last 2/3 days i have noticed that he bends his leg under evey now and then he doesnt seem to be in any pain but he does tend to limp when chasing his food the temp on the viv is spot on not sure what to do about this if you have any suggestions please help :lol:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
It would help if we knew a bit more, for instance are you using UVB and if so what brand? Just for info mealworms are no good at all so i would stick to the locusts.

lynnchaz1

Original Poster
hi yes im using a uvb extra tettra 10.0 tube light plus a 75 watt basking light hope this helps :roll:

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
lynnchaz1":1k2rfylc said:
hi yes im using a uvb extra tettra 10.0 tube light plus a 75 watt basking light hope this helps :roll:

10.0 is alright for starters...Do u live in a warm climate?? Like florida?? Anywhere with lots of sun? Limping isnt a good sign at all...The good news is hes still young and it cant be that bad, u can still stop any more damage / reverse it altogether, no panicking. Please stop feeding mealworms or anything with a shell, really. Esp since your beardie is so young. Those worms are next to nothing nutritionally (waste of money) and to top it off, are dangerous.

Are u gut loading your crix? Dusting them with enough calcium?? I suggest purchasing some butterworms, their very fatty but LOADED with calcium, u cant go wrong. Plus they are easily digested, their just mushy water inside.

This could also be substrate related, do u have any kind of sand in the tank??? If so, remove it asap. Have your beardie on paper towel, its much safer.
Sand gets accidentally ingested and builds up in the intestines over time and causes blockages that do cause partial or complete poralysis of the back legs.

lynnchaz1

Original Poster
thankyou you have been really helpfull yes i am gut loading the crix with calci powder and i live in the uk where the weather is cold although the house is very warm he is also fed on locust but sometimes he can be very fussy and he also has fresh fruit and veg in his viv all the time ill give butterworms a try and hopefully he will grow to be healthy he is totally fine within his self and his poop and all is fine

thankyou again for your help and will deffinatley try what you have suggested :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom