New member. Looking to get a beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambbrose

Hi guys, just browsing the internet and found this website.

My girlfriend has a bearded dragon who is a 5 months old and I decided I want to get one too.

I was wondering if there is anything I need to know before purchasing one. My girlfriend mentioned I need to make sure and not get a male if hers is a male, but I'm not sure what sex hers is.

I'm in southern Utah and hoping to find one nearby, unless shipping them is an option.

Any suggestions on tank types and layouts?

thanks for your help

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
so were you going to try and house them together? is she sure hers is male? even if it is, it isn't really a good idea to house a female with him. even if you would plan on trying to breed they shouldn't always be kept together. the male will overbreed the female which will in turn cause a whole mess of problems. so first you need to decide how you will house. if she would have a female, you could get another female, but not all females get along either. so you may need to have another set up just in case. shipping is definately and option, i've had all 4 of mine shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom