New Leather Back Beardie Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigressDawn

I just got my new beardie a couple days ago. She's only a month old.

When I first got her she got sickly a couple days ago, I looked up online and it said she was dehydrated, so I've been misting her the last few days in a row. I gave her a 10 minute soak today.

She's super active and plump now but her skin is still a little wrinkly on her back. It used to be on her stomach, but it's like the wrinkles moved off her stomach and onto her back. How long should I keep bathing her? I read somewhere that leather backs are suppose to have some wrinkles. I don't want to overdo it on the misting (unless misting them everyday is good for them).

Also, she jumps off her bathing perch and into the glass. Is this normal? It doesn't seem to hurt her, she just gets back up and goes back to bathing.

Thanks in advanced for your answers!

Brittraff

There are some controversies about misting, most say you shouldn't as it could lead to respiratory infections. Bathing your beardies for 10-15 minutes every other day should be enough to keep them hydrated.

Brittraff

Also you should continue the bathing indefinitely. It's part of keeping your reptile healthy. Keeping a bathing perch in the tank can also raise humidity so of the humidity is getting too high of suggest removing water bowls and bathing perches. They will absorb and drink their fill of water during the baths.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
If you're going to mist your dragon, do it outside of their enclosure, so the humidity doesn't get to high in there.

Mist babies daily, you can put them in a small plastic container, mist them, let them sit a bit, then put them back. Bathe them a couple times a week. Just let them soak for 15 mins or so.

We give our beardie baths almost everyday, he poops in the bath, so we have very little clean up. We are trying to train our new beardie to do this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom