New home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
102023-2902135770.jpg
Hey guys I was just wondering if my new enclosure for venom sounds alright. He is only just about to be 4 months old but growing like a weed. He is 11 inches now so I moved him from a 20 gallon to a 40 gallon. I had tile in the 20 but I decided to switch him to a sand mat with a light coating of excivator clay sand, it’s really pushed to one side so he can burrow, it’s not entirely throughout the tank. His lighting I still the same. He has a dual deep dome ceramic lamp fixture. One has a 100 watt heat bulb and a reptisun 10.0 UVB (mesh removed underneath of both) and I also have another reptisun 10.0 on the other side to mimic a long tube bulb, (I’m getting one soon. Probably a T-8 with a 10.0) but until then this seems to be working just fine! He has a load of logs and branches to climb around on and he can reach his hammock from all of them. Loads of rocks and little fake plants, cactus, skulls etc.. he now has room for two hides which I have burrowed in the sand on the cool side. The second I put him in he ran around to explore everything and he seems to be loving it! Just wanted to know if there’s any problems or concerns you guys have? I’d post a picture but I’m not sure how? If someone could send me a link that’d be great! Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I advise upgrading your UVB lighting in the larger tank. With a 40g tank a T5 tube is most appropriate. I suggest getting a T5 24'' fixture with a reflector and a 22'' Arcadia 12% or ReptiSun 10.0 T5 bulb for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom