New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I recently adopted a 3 year old Female bearded dragon from a family that didn't want her anymore. She's around 14" Long, and don't know the weight. She's housed, as of now, in a 40 gallon breeder and seems to be happy. I think she may be just a little bit stressed because of the 3 changes in environment within the last 2 days. She went from the 20L that the previous owners had her in :banghead: , to my 40B, set up with repticarpet and stuff, to a setup i just finished building today. She's exploring, so that's good. Here are some terrible pictures of her and her setup. I don't have a digital camera, so i had to use my blackberry.
EDIT: The UVB light was moved up and she cant get closer than 6 inches from it.

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00014-Copy2.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

Youkai

Hatchling Member
Hello!! and welcome to BD.org!! :mrgreen:
Congrats on the adoption, sounds like she now has a good home with a caring slave to take care of her :lol:
The pictures looked fine, by the way, and your beardie is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the viv also, the bamboo around the sides and back looks incredible.
I can't tell exactly from the pictures but it looks like you have a heat lamp and a UVB tube in there, which is excellent. Did you purchase the UVB tube recently? I only ask because they are good for about 6 months so if it's old you might want to check into a replacement. If at all possible, she would benefit a lot more if the tube was closer to her basking area, 6-8 inches is about what everyone recommends.

Feel free to post the stats on your viv in the Enclosures section, and keep those pics coming. We all love to see plenty of pics of beautiful dragons!!

outdoorsmn660

Original Poster
thanks a lot. I've been lurking on here doing a lot of research before i adopted. i decided to adopt instead of buy from my work because i know how so many animals go unwanted and just wanted to help the best i can. Yeah, i'll try to get some better pics and post them over in the enclosure section. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Congratulations on your new "baby"! She is a beauty... I applaud you for doing your research and adopting a beardie that needed a new home. What's her name.

outdoorsmn660

Original Poster
Her name as of now is Diamond, but i'm still debating on others. Petrie (like from the Land Before Time) is another top choice right now. If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to give me suggestions!!

Yep Yep Yep, I really like Petrie! She was my favorite character in Land Before Time... and I haven't heard it yet for a beardie...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And.............
Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8:
Thanks for sharing the pic's........she is beautiful. :love5:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom