New here :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan724

Hatchling Member
Hi all,
I am terrible at introducing myself so bear with me. My name is Aidan & I am the house zoo keeper. LOL With 4 kids from 3 to 17, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 3 firebelly toads, a cockatiel, an anole, a treefrog & now a baby beardie. Falkor arrived home about a month ago from a large chain pet store. I know it's never a good place to get any animal but I fell in love at first sight & had to have him. He is a beautiful little boy & I can't believe how much he has grown in the last month. He is currently in a 40 gallon tank but in a year I will upgrade him to something larger. I have him on repticarpet, with a hide on both the hot & "cool" side & 2 basking spots to allow for a variance in temp. He took no time at all to become a very sweet & easy going critter. Not to say that if I don't mind my hand position when reaching in the tank that I don't sometimes startle him but he doesn't seem bothered for more than a hot minute. Everything seems to be going perfectly with him so I feel like a lucky mama there. I just started our dubia roach colony (great project for the kids to help with) so currently he is only getting a couple nymphs at each feeding with his crickets. He sure loves the roaches though. I was delighted how he went after those. I don't think he is very impressed with the crickets but I don't want to shock his system by a sudden diet change. He is a little more stubborn with his veggies just like my kids. I have only been able to get him to eat collard & mustard greens as of yet. The rest looks untouched but I'm sure he will come around. I also keep some baby dragon pellet food available at all times. I haven't seen him eat it but it was with him when I got it & it's cheap enough that I don't mind keeping it in there even if he doesn't eat it. I have done a lot of research before he came to me & since so I think we are set that way but I will continue to look around for varied/new info.
I do have a question about how you all measure your beardies though. Would that be snout to vent or to the tip of his tail? I call him a he only because the girls at the pet store said he looked like it & they owned some. Male or female didn't matter to me. He won't be getting a roommate & I have no interest or time for breeding. Since I haven't seen any info on sex specific health problems it isn't an important piece of info for me at the moment.
Thanks

aidan724

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BTW this is Falkor the pic isn't true to how pretty he is but he's still cute & snoozing away
sv5tv4.jpg

aidan724

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) Between him in the middle of shedding & my camera phone it just doesn't do him justice.

aidan724

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:) Thanks. I can't seem to capture the yellow he has on his head right & the soft rose sort of color on his back. Before I got him I thought they were all the same colors. The Neverending Story is the house favorite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom