new here, just got a baby beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

thacarter

just got a baby beardie, not sure if its a boy or girl, name is carter, not even sure how old he is either because I forgot to ask at the pet store, eats crickets really good, still not eating salads, not sure how to get him to

2d0yi43.jpg

255jdl2.jpg

2ep3ll1.jpg

mb068p.jpg

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello and Congrats on the new baby. He's very tiny, looks maybe a month to 6 weeks old. How long is he? Be sure to keep him hydrated, babies can dehydrate really easy, a warm bath everyday will do the trick. Keep putting a variety of fresh veggies daily, and sooner or later he will get curious and try them. pick up small pinches of the veggies and let them drop onto the dish, that will sometimes perk some interest. He's a cutie.

thacarter

Original Poster
just called the pet store, i got him about 3 weeks ago, so that is what the first pic is, this is him today at about 9 weeks, 5.5 inches. is this average? no shed as of yet, but it looks like the first shed will be soon, been bathing daily for about a week now

21m9n9t.jpg

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Hi and Welcome!!! What a cute little beardie you have there!!!! He's so tiny!!! He will grow big before you know it... seems like mine was that small just a few weeks ago. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom