new here first time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

Hello, We just got our little guy/gal yesterday. Its about 7-8 inches long including the tail so im not sure how old it is. I had a few questions though I did do a lot of research after I got him/her so I feel comfortable but not 100% When I was buying everything I needed the gal t the store said melworms and crickets are ok I fed it a few of the mealworms and than I read on here I shouldnt use them at ll. Hopefull he/she will be ok now? Also when would be a goot time to strt handling it? I read 3-4 days so they can settle in. My hubby and I have touched it on its head and back once and thats been it. One more thing I wont be able to get a cave like thing for a while but do you think it would be ok to use a glue gun and put the small ones I do have in that sort of structure till I am ble to get the one piece thing? So far everything loks good and it is a very cute little guy/gal.
I will try ad add pics as soon s i figure out how
Thanks,

Luthien

Juvie Member
Hi welcome to the site and congrats on your new baby!!

If your baby is healthy then at 7-8 inches long he/she will be around the 2-3 month old mark. Your baby should be fine with the meal worms you gave him/her but don't give any more. The reason we say not to feed them meal worms is because they have what is called Chiten in their skin, Chiten is very hard for beardies to digest and can cause impaction over time.

By all means pet your beardie as much as you want. It does take time for them to settle into a new home so as soon as your beardie starts eating regularly and going to the bathroom regularly you can start handling him daily. The more contact you have the calmer and friendlier he/she will be. Be careful though as your beardie will start shedding a lot (because he/she will be growing), beardies can get grouchy and sore when shedding.

For the hide anything that your beardie can get under to get out of the lights will work.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Can't wait to see pictures!

You can use a small size clean cardboard box for a hide for now? Just make sure it is clean and has no chemicals on it until you can get a hide from the store or make one. There is a lot of good information on the DIY discussion forum for making your own basking/hide areas with fake "rock" etc.

This page helped me the most when it came to learning what to feed my babies:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Look forward to the pictures!

lillahine

Original Poster
So we have had our little beardie for over a month now. Our kids decided on the name fluffy :roll: she is fluffy the wizard since my 2 year old cant say lizard. I am working on her very own website right now since I am a photographer and take soooo many pics (she has already had her very own photoshoot) I will share the likn once im finished.

Just a few mins ago a fly slipped into het tank and she ate it before i could stop her :shock: will this make her sick? Im just a worry wort and now im worried about her. On that note of fly eating i read on the pheonex worm paper itbsaid leave leave a worm in thear and watch what happens when it turnes into a fly. Has anyone done this is it bad for them? She had no problem snatching that one up within seconds of it getting in there.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
As long as it wasn't a ladybug or a lightning bug, I'm sure she will be fine. Keep an eye on her and make sure she poops it out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom