New habitat and poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 month old beardie Leo finally got a clean bill of health last week from the vet after 3 weeks of treatment for coccidia. He's been growing like crazy and is currently the size of our old beardie when he was age 2! So, we thought it was time to move him "up" to his new digs, a 75 gallon tank. Since we moved him he has not been pooping daily. He eats very well still but is only pooping every 3 days and just before he poops his beard gets black, then he lets out a huge pile of diarrhea. His stool was just tested last week (after his first diarrhea poop) and the vet said it's clear? So could his runs be attributable to the change in habitat? stress? He's not using his new basking spot yet, I keep having to move him there. He defers to the cooler side of the cage instead and hangs out on the rock bridge that was in his 40 gallon, probably because it's familiar. I'm open to suggestions here. Not sure how to get his bowel habit straightened out.
thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he got a clean bill and the coccidia is gone. It can take a while after treatment for their systems to stabilize. It may be a good idea to provide a probiotic if you haven't already. Otherwise I'd give it a few weeks and see if the issue settles down on it's own once he has a stable diet and routine going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom