New- First bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildew

Hello everyone!! Just got my first ever beardy today :).
I was supposed to pick him up this weekend, but things changed and he ended up arriving today :).

He was pretty stressed at first- turned almost black and had this throat all puffed out- but settled down after a few hours and has been exploring since. How long until I can expect him to start eating again? I put some kale in there just in case (the old owner said it's his favorite), and a few blueberries.

His name is Barf by the way :). After the silly dragon on How To Train Your Dragon.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
What a handsome fellow!

It may take him a while too settle in and start eating. Some adjust quicker than others though, and it can depend on how big a change/what sort of traveling he did. He looks healthy so I wouldn't worry too much if he goes a few days or more without wanting food.

Mildew

Original Poster
He ate his kale and some berries late last night :). He doesn't seem to like being in the enclosure though and is constantly trying to get out. The previous owner said he spent most of the day out and about so that's probably why :).

Not that it makes any difference, but would he be considered a color morph (not sure if that's what it's called). He has a lot more yellow than most beardies I've seen at the store.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
He has some nice side bars - I'm not sure of that would qualify him as a tiger or not though.

Mildew

Original Poster
Barf seems to be settling in nicely and is turning into such a sweetie :).
Had a nice yummy meal today with parsley, carrots, cilantro, blueberries, and raspberries.
Don't mind the dirtiness- he just came out of his burrow and needs a bath :D .
I love having a lizard I can interact with and not worry about getting my fingers chewed off :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom