New Enclosure

RHaynes

I upgraded my beardie from a 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank a couple weeks ago. The basking spot runs 95-100 and I have a uvb that runs in the middle on the inside of the cage the humidity is around 31%. He was active when I put him in the tank but seems to be in his caves a lot. In the 40 gallon tank he couldn’t fit in his hide. He is about 2 years old and is healthy eating and drinking water. He just doesn’t want to come out of his cave much these days. I guess it could be brumation but not sure what to expect.
I included a pic of his set up and light set up. One bulb is 150 and the other is 100.

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 49

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Could be relocation stress, give him a week or so more to adjust to his new surroundings.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I upgraded my beardie from a 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank a couple weeks ago. The basking spot runs 95-100 and I have a uvb that runs in the middle on the inside of the cage the humidity is around 31%. He was active when I put him in the tank but seems to be in his caves a lot. In the 40 gallon tank he couldn’t fit in his hide. He is about 2 years old and is healthy eating and drinking water. He just doesn’t want to come out of his cave much these days. I guess it could be brumation but not sure what to expect.
I included a pic of his set up and light set up. One bulb is 150 and the other is 100.
Are you using a coil uvb as well?

It’s probably a mix of stress and brumation. I just made a new enclosure for my beardie and for the first few days he was window surfing a lot and hiding when he wasn’t. He was also on the back end of brummation when switched him over and now he’s calmed down a bit although I think he’s now in mating season as he keeps bobbing at his cactus haha

RHaynes

Original Poster
It’s probably a mix of stress and brumation. I just made a new enclosure for my beardie and for the first few days he was window surfing a lot and hiding when he wasn’t. He was also on the back end of brummation when switched him over and now he’s calmed down a bit although I think he’s now in mating season as he keeps bobbing at his cactus haha
That is my hope I will let you know how it goes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok that's a good bulb-- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - basking bulbs should be a clear solid bright white bulb

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom